CCMI Spotlight: Should The Government Build A 5G Wireless Network
The government nationalizing the wireless industry would completely reverse the history of the telecommunications industry in which networks have always been deployed by private companies. What impact would that have on the telecommunications industry? On other industries?
In this special CCMI Spotlight, industry veteran Andy Regitsky dives deep into the numerous regulatory issues that could arise if we were to have a government-run wireless network:
- Which companies can rent network capacity? How are those companies chosen?
- Are the prices of the companies reselling government capacity regulated? Who regulates the network?
- How will the government ensure poorer Americans can utilize the national network?
- Would a national wireless network compete with the 5G networks being constructed by the large private sector wireless carriers?
- Will all be regulated in the same way?